Sunday, October 25, 2009

Racing report

So I hardly raced at all over the summer, but this fall has been full of racing. Started with SSWC in Durango, then headed to eastern AZ for the 60-miles-of-dirt Tour of the White Mountains. Super fun singletrack, great aid stations, gorgeous scenery...all of the Epic Rides (www.epicrides.com) events are highly recommended. Despite the 15 miles of dirt roads (not exactly my strong suit), I pulled off a 3rd place, outsprinting a girl that I've never beaten in endurance stuff before. Woohoo!
The next weekend, my husband and I drove to northern New Mexico for some huevos rancheros and a 12-hour DH race at Angel Fire. Sure, I wasn't riding my Soulcraft....but I wanted to brag about the most prize money I've ever won! Thanks to Red Bull for putting up cash for such a cool race.
Finally on to some AZ Cyclocross, the first 2 races of the series were in Flagstaff this weekend, a really fun venue at one of the high schools. I hadn't planned on racing much 'cross...but when it's 2 miles from your house it's hard to pass up.
Even though my lungs were not so hot (thanks, swine flu), the Groundskeeper and I shredded this giant pile of dirt and pulled out the win both days.

No comments:

Blog Archive