Over the weekend I headed out north of the peaks with some friends to ride some cool moto trail, as well as the newest section of the Arizona Trail. The AZ trail, at some point in the future, will stretch from the Utah border to Mexico, hitting all sorts of cool places in between, and it's strictly human-powered only. Saw the San Francisco Peaks from just about every angle
The aptly named Buena Vista hill was a killer to get up...those moto guys sure like to go straight uphill! No sissy switchbacks for them.
Old burn zone, very few trees but plenty of flowers in the Hochdoerfer Hills
Finally hit AZ Trail about 28 miles into the ride, and it's awesome. Huge aspen groves, ferns, shade, great views, and best of all a very tired-leg friendly grade. 7 sweet miles later wound up back at the cars, having seen a herd of elk, about a million mule deer, tons of wildflowers, and only one other person the whole day.
- ► 2012 (29)
- ► 2011 (69)
- ► 2010 (109)
- Bullet dodged.
- Oh, snap.
- Tahoe in the summer
- Ride Bikes and Listen to Slayer
- i like colorado
- Living in the city sometimes you have to get cr...
- Remnants of a time when things were more muddy.
- A funny thing happened on my way to the kegger.
- AZ Trail and fun moto singletrack
- Potter's Pasture
- Flying somewhere with your bike?
- The long and short of it.
- More please!
- 3 pitchers
- White Industries is awesome
- Hurl is a depressed teenager.
- shiite happens and life goes on
- 'S' stands for 'homemade double straps'.
- Destruction Derby
- Post Partum Pogonip. Nice Rack She Says...Even the...
- The good German, part two.
- The Good German
- Mmm beer
- It wasn't a bad place to grow up.
- Mt Tam Summit
- ▼ July (26)
- ► 2008 (49)