Tuesday, August 2, 2011

I have friends that make stuff.

As I was going through some off my photos recently, I realized I know a huge array of extraordinarily talented individuals. I know folks with a knack behind a sewing machine, like Cory from Dank Bags who is known far and wide for his cüzies, bags and Beernet helmets;

Or there are people who make art, like Jason Jagel

Or hand tooled leather aprons;

Sometimes my friends even make history;

I know musicians, carpenters, writers... and that doesn't begin to touch on the numbers of folks who build bikes. Captain Sporty, Rick the Stick, The Filipino Mafia, Grumpy Bruce, Robio.. The list goes on and on, as would the nicknames.
I even know people whose gift is making an ass out of themselves;

As all of this was occurring to me, I counted myself very lucky to be surrounded by such talent. Now all I need is for some of it to rub off on me.

No comments: