Monday, June 14, 2010

Summer....finally


Interesting dynamic in this photo. I'm standing on what used to be George Lucas' land (Yeah, that George Lucas) which he donated to open space once he was allowed to build his new production/special effects facility nearby, after which a nice multi-use singletrack was built upon it. Across the road there on that next ridge is James Hetfield's property (Yes, that James Hetfield). He also donated land to open space when he was allowed to build his new house high up on the hill. Except his donation was a useless patch of steep scrub and then he blocked access to the fire road that hundreds of people have been using for 50 years. If I had a light saber I think I would stuff it up Hetfield's ass (along with the county supervisors that signed off on the deal).


Looking west towards the coast with the fog rolling in as it does most afternoons in the summer.

Looking south/southeast towards the bay where the fog rolls in most afternoons in the summer. Yeah, lots of fog in the summer.

Pretty flowers which Steve will appreciate because I know how to use the macro setting on my camera.


At the end of the ride I see this. Depending on who you talk to, it means:
  1. You can buy crack here.
  2. It's the last day of school.
  3. Someone died nearby.
  4. This is gang territory.
I waited around for evidence of any of this but nothing happened. It was quiet. Which is exactly what I want when I'm out for a summer ride by myself.

1 comment:

The Mayor of Drunkingham said...

Sometimes when I'm drunk I throw my shoes onto power lines.

Blog Archive