Tuesday, July 15, 2008

I'm Baaack!

It's been ten years since I was laid up in a hospital bed…
I’m lucky to be alive, let alone walking, and now riding (“racing” – ha!) bicycles again. Once the doctor rebuilt my busted spine with some custom ti bits I was rolling on the road to recovery and what I hoped would be a return to normal life.

“Normal life” being able to get out of/into bed, walk, go to the bathroom, and eventually, ride a bike without help from anyone else.
It’s been a tough journey, but thanks to my wife, family and friends, I have blown away any limited recovery apprehension my doctor and myself might have had.
Having completed the Skyline single speed ‘ride’ in July proved to me anything is possible as that was the first real (paid entry) event I have done since I was nearly broken in half. I admit I was a little hesitant at the start, but I put all negativity out of my head and went for it. Having my trusty Holy Roller under me helped boost my confidence - just ride as best I could and go.
I now have no doubt that I can do anything thanks to all the support from my family and inspirational friends like you!


No comments:

Blog Archive