Monday, March 15, 2010

tribute


I've enjoyed cycling all my life...blah blah. I’m sure you’ve all heard that one before…
Actually I really got into bikes a few times in life, so far. First time I was a suburban youth traveling around the neighborhood with the occasional jaunt downtown. I took a big break once I got a driver’s license but once in college I thought it would be wise to live more car free and since then I’ve been welded to a bike. Something I’ve noticed is I tend to always have a good buddy (or a few) that also enjoys cycling. And like all humans, some move away. When I look back for the good part of two decades, friends are like chapters in a book. Some are only a few pages and some are quite lengthy.
Anyways…I was recently feeling proud to know Cornbread. That MFer likes to ride bikes. I can barely hang on to his devastating pace, but he’s a friend and I know I’ll see him up ahead with a gentlemanly re-group. He also takes most of the pictures I post here, and I give him credit when I do. Not like I don’t have a camera with me all the time, but the dude takes a lot of pictures. He’s been a mainstay here in Lincoln for a while, and I hope he and I continues to call his hometown the same place I reside.
Last weekend a group of us ‘put on’ a town to town event. It was well attended and we kept to paved highway shoulder for the most part, since the gravel (our preferred medium) is soggy for a while due to the thaw. This cup of coffee saved my day. 110 miles and I took no food, duh. Plenty of water, but no food. Now, there’s plenty of food on the road in stores and stuff, but I really don’t need to learn that lesson again and again. Food is necessary for riding. And when you need it you need it. The Tom Tom in Dwight was a good stop and this is the best I could do for photog. Thanks in advance Cornbread.

2 comments:

mw said...

that coffee was followed by an egg sandwich and fries. that egg sandwich took some convincing on my behalf, in order to get preparred.

[mk] said...

You would make William Eggleston proud with that there fine art style photo.

Blog Archive