Saturday, December 19, 2009
Credit cards and sharp rocks
Last Tues. I met Art near Black Canyon City, AZ. for some trail riding and proceeded to slash my sidewall within the first 2miles of single track on a night ride. It was potentially a big bummer: old friends, new trail, great weather, no spare tires. We had to ride. What to do?
Good things to bring on every ride: 1. tire boots (e.g., credit cards); 2. duct tape; 3. super glue; and 4., of course, a tube. The super glue helped a lot due to the residual "slime" covering the inside of the tire. I had been using a tubeless set-up.
The above pictures were taken following my return to Tucson. The tire held---not only during the night ride and again in the morning, but it was still full of air when I decided that I need to install another new tire, albeit "leaking" from the wound.
- ► 2012 (29)
- ► 2011 (69)
- ► 2010 (109)
- Ode to 2009.
- Into Thick Air
- A million miles to nowhere.
- He sees you when you're sleeping.
- It's the gift that keeps on giving.
- Losing my mind, bit by bit.
- Credit cards and sharp rocks
- Hand Made Bike Show
- Ice Cross '09
- New Trucker Hats - Goods Sale Until Dec 21
- Photo Credit
- BICAS Art Auction in Tucson
- No matter how fast you are, you can never outrun y...
- One of the last sunny Fall/Winter 2009 rides.
- ▼ December (15)
- ► 2008 (49)