Sunday, May 1, 2011

11 years of Soulcraft now in Tucson, AZ


In addition to Absolute Bikes in Flagstaff, AZ, the other Soulcraft outpost in the desert is at my house in Tucson. I bought my first Soulcraft road bike from Sean (and Matt) when I arrived in Flagstaff in 2000. I'm going to ride that bike today. I'm also going to begin assembling the classy new 2011 crossbike that you see in the foreground (photo above). It's not mine, although I wish it was, but a good friend's bike that I am helping to build and "dial in" for him while he is away. Although he doesn't know it, I'm going to break it in for him. The virgin ride. Is that unethical? I don't know. I just know it will be hard to stay off of it. It's a safety thing you know and any good mechanic would do the same. You will see another Soulcraft 26er mountain bike in the photo (also blue) that dates back to around 2000. It's getting a tune-up. Pretty cool. Good work Sean (and Matt) and the rest of the fam. I sure have enjoyed the ride so to speak.

No comments: